Monday, June 23, 2008

reeder, nd


this is the town that I loved as a child.

1908-2008
celebrating 100 years...

I wonder if it will survive another 10 years...

I don't think the cars will survive. They will become garden art...

We - my mother, 2 aunties, cousin and cousin-in-law, visited this favorite old prairie town. Just the gals...
We visited, perhaps, for the last time.
I think that I am OK, but it was a lonely feeling knowing that it may be a forever goodbye.
There's really no reason to return.
My family has all moved on.
I guess I will take the good memories and the re-found best summer friends.
That's OK.
We certainly laughed a lot together in this hot-august town.
The parade went around twice...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, beautiful images to remember your quiet little ND town.

Angela Williams Duea said...

How sad. Glad you documented some of the memories in such a beautiful way!

angelawd

. . . said...

so special. the photos reveal the love that you will always carry in your heart for that place.

Rose said...

Lovely photos. Girl trips are so much fun, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so beautiful but forlorn. Abandoned places make me wistful.

My first time by, but I like your blog.

Chris and Rikki said...

I'm having "road trip withdrawals". And I miss Bonnie Hammer, and getting Bonnie Hammered. -RL