Friday, July 20, 2007

minnesota baseball




I sang the National Anthem at the Minnesota Twins game on Wed. evening. OK, so I sang with a big choir, but I sang. It was a lot of fun. My dad conducted the group from behind home plate. Our lovely faces were on the Jumbo-Tron. That was all good, but the wonderful part -the part that gives me goose bumps as I think about it now - was this: it was cultural awareness night at the Dome. When we walked out onto the field, there was this sort of explosion of colors - dancers and singers from all ethnic backgrounds were performing on the field before the game. There were Mayan dancers, and Native American Drummers, and Hmong dancers, and Latino Dancers... When our choir sang, the other performers all stood together in a semi-circle around us - each group in their national costumes. It was fitting. After all, isn't that what America is trying to protect - our wonderfully diverse melting pot of a country?
Ahhh.

It was all down hill from there. Santana pitched. We played the Detroit Tigers. It was a long game. We lost.
It was fun to share a beer with my husband!

No comments: