Friday, January 25, 2008

oh dear.

What a dork. I thought Sally Field. I saw Sally Field in my mind. And yet, I wrote Sissy Spacek. Who I do like quite a bit. I think she's a great actress... but I KNOW that it was Sally and not Sissy who had the same insecurity thing that I do. I wish I could chalk up my brain fart on hard livin' and tough lovin' but, alas, I fear that it is simply old age and young children. C'est la vie. I still love all of you!

I'm off to tame a wild young cowboy. What are you doin' this balmy Friday night?

And of course, by "cowboy," I mean my kids - the Littles - are running stampede through the bedrooms and I've got to corral them to greener pasture for the night.

I wish that I meant "Cowboy" as in hot young college boy, scantily clad in chaps, a hat and a low slung guitar... mmmm.

obviously, I need more sleep.

Or an pretty pink cocktail

Or less bedtime stories that rhyme.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daddyman here.

She's just pining for some naked college boy she saw years ago on his front step, standing there naked playing his guitar. (That's not a euphemism - it was an actual guitar)

I remember, I was driving, so I didn't see - thank goodness. But Via was younger and insisted we go back because 'I want to see the naked man'.

Like mother, like daughter, I guess

kalurah said...

"Cowboy"?
Well, we can't all be Ree, now can we??
HA! I just noticed the comment from Daddyman! How observant am I???

Caroline C. Bingham said...

I just realized that this was in reference to your last post. Brains, I tell you, I've got brains. Meanwhile, good to know I'm not completely losing it ;)

Patti said...

as usual, i vote the cocktail...